How to Apply for Funding
Proposals for projects must fulfill one or more of the aims of the Trust: To advance the education of the general public in the Alexander Technique and to promote research and study into all aspects of the Technique.
We provide funding the region of £100-£5,000, either as a grant or as loan. Although we are flexible in what we are prepared to fund, we normally do not cover introductory classes or workshops, lessons or teacher training. We do not give retrospective funding. Generally, we do not expect the Trust to be the sole source of fund for any projects.
Please see Supported Projects for examples of projects we have funded in the past.
Any questions? Please email us using our contact form.
The Application Process
Applications are made in two stages.
- Submission of an initial project outline either online or by post. Please allow 7-10 days for a response.
- If the project is eligible you will be invited to submit a full application form. You will be notified of our decision usually within 8-10 weeks.
The initial project outline form
Please provide a brief outline, including a budget, the proposed time line, and the anticipated benefit to the Alexander Technique.
The full application form
The full application can be downloaded here either as Word ( .doc) or as an interactive PDF (.pdf).
Word doc Download
Please send the completed form to
The F. Matthias Alexander Trust
Grove Business Centre Unit 48
560-568 High Road
London N17 9TA
For the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader which you can download here.
About the application
Before applying please consider the following information
- the aims and objectives of their proposed project;
- your qualification for carrying out the proposed project;
- a draft budget, including a breakdown of costs of expenditure for which you are applying funding for;
- a timetable;
- how the project would be publicised (advertised, published or otherwise made available);
- referees and/or other sponsors.